The Deep Tech Talent Initiative, part of the European Commission’s New European Innovation Agenda, will train one million people in deep tech between 2023 and 2025.
On 11 October 2022, during the EIT Summit, the EIT announced the Pledge for Deep Tech Talents – a vehicle for partners and sponsors to join the initiative and contribute to the development and delivery of its courses and training.
The Pledge unites public and private organisations, industry representatives and champions, academic partners, education providers, and Member States to support the initiative. It will also create synergies with other EU programmes and Agencies.
Pledging organisations can fall under the following four categories:
- Education and Training providers: Organisations that offer educational and training courses can contribute to the Initiative through their educational programmes.
- Enterprises or Enterprise Associations: Enterprises that are using or developing deep tech can offer, for example, in-company training for their employees or potential future employees.
- Financing partners: Their contribution can include the financing of deep tech education and training.
- Institutional partners: These include national and EU-level public organizations with an interest in deep tech skills development. They can contribute with awareness-raising around the Initiative or launch new projects supporting the goal of one million people trained in deep tech.
While the Pledge is targeting organisations and individuals residing in EU Member States, it is also open to Horizon Europe associated and EU partner countries.
Pledge Members will commit to report on training achievements that support the Deep Tech Talent Initiative’s mission.
Membership enables Pledgers to:
- Gain international exposure by featuring their training initiatives on the platform
- Find out first about the open deep tech calls of the EIT and its Knowledge & Innovation Communities and Pledge partners
- Tap into the networking opportunities offered
- Learn more about deep tech educational best practices by joining Europe’s first knowledge hub focussing on deep tech education and skills building
- Access the Members-only services of the online platform
Join the Pledge
Submit your expression of interest and join Europe’s first educational platform dedicated to deep tech skills development!